I was kinda excited when I found out my sister-in-law got a Nook for Christmas too. I decided after just a few days use, I already knew some corrections I needed to make to my Nook cover. Making one for her gave me a good excuse to play some more. Especially because I love quick projects! It turned out cute!
I increased the size of the cover in all directions a wee bit, but especially in the flap. And I added an elastic band to hold said flap in place. Here's a pretty bad picture of the band, but you get the idea:
Another improvement was to insert plastic mesh in both the front and back this time. I still have a small strap that's available to hook your hand or finger in when you read. But after reading a lot this weekend, I'm wondering if it needs placed at a different angle.
Still, it's useful, and it was fun to play around making it!